Terry Koutsious, fivesquids.co.uk – Entrepreneurs and Business PR Case Study
Rising entrepreneur Terry Koutsious, founded quirky and innovative website fivesquids.co.uk towards the end of 2010. Today, the site is rapidly becoming one of the fastest growing online communities, where people share their unique skills, knowledge and expertise – all for just £5.
The site allows users to offer any type of service, from the practical to the ridiculous, all for just a fiver. Users can also request bespoke services for the same price.
The site is aimed at everyone from students looking to showcase their skills, entrepreneurs or small business owners looking for a good deal or mums and freelancers working from home.
Since the launch, people have been jumping on the fivesquids bandwagon buying and selling services that can range from ‘dumping your partner for you’ to promoting your business, creating fun gifts and even giving you a twenty minute language lesson over Skype.
- To raise the profile of fivesquids across all media platforms
- To increase traffic to the website
- To increase membership figures
- To develop a charity initiative
- To secure celebrity endorsements
Strategy and Implementation
- Targeted approach to key national, regional, consumer and online media
- Development and placement of fivesquids case study stories
- Development and implementation of the fivesquids 2012 celebrity Sports Relief campaign
- Four free celebrity endorsements secured
- PHA Media secured a double page spread in The Sun for a fivesquids case study story who will “dump your girlfriend/boyfriend for £5. The story went global, with over 40 pieces of coverage secured in 12 different countries.
- Successful placement of a case study feature with The Sun Online about a virtual bodyguard who will protect you in Call of Duty for £5. The story went viral on gaming sites around the world. With over 1000 Facebook Likes and over 50 twitter mentions from the Sun feature alone.
- Multiple national, regional and online features.
- Secured free celebrity endorsements including actress and model Gemma Atkinson, presenter and actor Joe Swash and The Cheeky Girls.
For more details on fivesquids visit www.fivesquids.co.uk