Sam Malin, The Avana Group – Entrepreneurs and Business PR Case Study
Sam Malin is the pioneer behind the oil industry in Madagascar. Before establishing Avana in 2008, he founded Madagascar Oil and was the originator of its giant heavy oil field projects. As its CEO, he built it from scratch into a $1¼ billion dollar company.
Sam’s previous positions include working as an industry advisor under various EU programmes in addition to working with Standard & Poor’s DRI, Arthur D. Little, and Dome Petroleum.
- To make it know to the media that Sam Malin was the original founder of Madagascar Oil.
- To raise awareness of the Avana Group and their projects.
- To increase the personal profile of Sam Malin in the media.
- To promote Sam Malin as an expert commentator in the oil industry.
Strategy and Implementation
- Story development of Sam’s personal journey.
- Highly targeted international trade and industry press campaign.
- Creation of media persona ‘The Indian Jones of Madagascar.’
- Highly targeted lifestyle features.
- In depth coverage within key oil industry and energy titles.
- Successful placement of Sam Malin as an oil industry expert with live interviews secured on CNBC, Sky News and BBC World Service.
- Inclusion of Sam Malin as a business expert in ‘The New Rules of Business’ - published by Harriman House.
For more information on Sam Malin and The Avana Group visit www.avanapetroleum.com