Rob Lloyd –Entrepreneurs and Business PR Case Study
Rob Lloyd is a millionaire property developer. Outside of business he is most recognised as taking part in the hit Channel 4 TV series, Secret Millionaire. As part of the show, Rob left the property game behind to go undercover in the protestant Shankill Road in Belfast.
- We were tasked with raising Secret Millionaire Rob Lloyd’s personal profile in all the heavyweight media avenues, enhancing the visibility of his business assets and drawing media attention to the legal case surrounding a corrupt property lawyer that he is fighting to bring to justice.
Strategy and Implementation
- We engaged all the provincial media in Cheshire, Rob’s home town, to spotlight the fact that a local figurehead in terms of economic regeneration and a hugely successful entrepreneur, was fighting to bring down a Bahamian property scam that had conned a plethora of successful businessmen and philanthropists.
- On the back of our regional hits, we took Rob’s legal crusade to all the property editors at the national newspapers.
- We made further approaches to features and human interest writers at all the nationals, highlighting Rob’s remarkable rags to riches personal story – from living in a cold, damp caravan for 2 years in a field in North Wales with his wife and 3 children to clawing his way back up again, ‘Raising The Bar and making his millions.
- We liaised with business trade press to generate coverage of Rob’s business empire, the Eatonfield Group, floated on AIM with a valuation of almost £30 million, and the stables that he operates, the biggest outside of Newmarket.
Within two months PHA Media secured:
- Key hits in the most widely read regional publications, including the Liverpool Daily Post and the Chester Chronicle. These fantastic pieces gave us great leverage when taking his ordeal to the nationals
- National coverage of the property con in the Daily Mail (Richard Kay) and the Daily Express property section.
- A wonderful property feature in the Mail On Sunday spotlighting the sale of Rob Lloyd’s luxury property, with a photo of the stunning view from his house and exquisite interior.
- Lined up business interviews with prominent business titles, including Start Your Business magazine.
- Arranged a dialogue with ITV’s Homes From Hell with the proposal in early stages of pre-production.
For more information on Rob Lloyd go to www.eatonfield.co.uk