Killing in the Name – Celebrity and Entertainment PR Case Study
Oscar nominated short documentary, Killing in the Name. KILLING IN THE NAME follows Ashraf Al-Khaled, who lost his members of his family on his wedding day in a brutal terrorist attack, in his quest to speak with victims and perpetrators, and expose the true costs of terrorism.
- Promote the Global Survivors Network, an organisation working to prevent future of terrorism, in the UK.
- Raise awareness of Killing in the Name
Strategy and Implementation
- Develop a 2 month strategic PR campaign.
- Use the subject of the documentary, Ashraf Al –Khaled, as a case study.
- Use Carie Lemack, founder of the Global Survivors Network and Executive producer of Killing in the Name, as a spokesperson.
- Interview with Carie Lemack and Ashraf in The Sunday Telegraph.
- Carie had a lengthily interview on Sky News which included the Killing in the Name trailer.
- There was huge international interest with Carie also giving interviews to Fox News and Press TV.