Blastbeat – Celebrity and Entertainment PR Case Study
- To generate awareness and raise and maintain the profile of a multi-layered education enterprise that had previously incurred no media visibility whatsoever
- To position The Blastbeat Schools Programme as the ultimate resource for harnessing entrepreneurial thinking, reconnecting youngsters with the curriculum, leveraging inter-personal skills and remedying social delinquency.
- To position the Blastbeat Corporate Challenge as the ultimate CSR and HR solution – a business affiliation permitting the corporate sector to realise the very best CSR, PR and HR benefits with clients, staff, local schools and the community in a rewarding, relevant and inspiring wa
- Event Optimization. In the run-up to the Blastbeat finals at the O2 Arena, a key objective was to augment media presence at the event, manage media interest and ensure proceedings were co-ordinated with ultimate efficiency.
Strategy and Implementation
- Business press – develop relationships with key broadsheet business journalists to spotlight the social enterprise and entrepreneurial elements that Blastbeat is founded on.
- National newspapers – capitalize on the parity between Blastbeat’s public empowerment and David Cameron’s ‘Big Society’ that was dominating the headlines
- Youth oriented press – develop relationships with key titles to make Blastbeat more accessible to the young
- CSR trade press – to target the B2B domain, highlighing Blastbeat’s Corporate Division and accentuating its relevance to employee engaemgent agendas
- Entertainment press – to champion the talent that Blastbeat harnessed in all the relevant outlets.
We sustained high profile media coverage in a broad cross-section of media avenues, including live interviews on GMTV and BBC Radio 5, key visibility in national newspaper platforms, such as The Guardian, The London Evening Standard, The News of the World and The Daily Star, and profile enhancing pieces in didactic and youth oriented trade press like The Times Educational Supplement, Agent 4 Change and Start Your Business.